'House of Cards' crew accuse Spacey
A former House of Cards production assistant claims Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted him, and several of the show's crew members alleged the star displayed "predatory" behaviour on set, local media reports.
Spacey "put his hands down the production assistant's pants" and later "cornered him" in his trailer, blocking his exit while making inappropriate contact, according to a report by the US broadcaster CNN.
Eight people who currently work or previously worked on the show also made accusations about a "'toxic' work environment" they say Spacey created "through a pattern of sexual harassment." They said Spacey targeted young men and that incidents included "nonconsensual touching" and "crude comments."Controversies rock Hollywood in 2017
Netflix announced on Tuesday that it had shut down the production of the sixth and last season of House of Cards indefinitely. Spacey's publicist, who has since parted ways with the actor, according to a report on website Deadline Hollywood, also said the 58-year-old is currently seeking "evaluation and treatment."
On Sunday, US actor Anthony Rapp alleged in a BuzzFeed interview that the Hollywood star made unwanted sexual advances towards him when he was a teenager.
Rapp, who recently starred in the television show "Star Trek: Discovery," was 14 years old at the time, while Spacey was 26.Last Jedi set for $215m opening in US
Spacey later issued an apology for the incident online saying "I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago."